#BuskingInMemphis Contest: The Downtown Memphis Commission wants to make the Main Street mall more musical – and we need your help!
If you are a musician, join the fun by entering our #BuskingInMemphis Contest!
- Record a clip of your musical genius.
- POST the video on your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #buskinginmemphis and tag @DowntownMemphis.
- Get likes! The three social submissions with the most likes at the end of the competition period will automatically win a spot on our busking lineup.
If you’re a music lover, VOTE for your favorite busking video by searching for #buskinginmemphis on social media and liking your favorite submissions! Vote early, vote often!
Winners will receive $100 and a spot on our official Busking lineup starting this Spring.
Click here to download a PDF on How to Busk in Downtown Memphis.
How to submit an entry for the DMC’s Busking contest
- Via social media: upload video to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, with the hashtag #buskinginmemphis and tag @DowntownMemphis
- Via email: send to busking [at] downtownmemphis [dot] com (these entries may still win a spot, but won't be eligible for fan votes)
- Busking entries will be accepted from musicians of all genres
- All video entries must show 30 seconds of performance, at minimum, no maximum length is required
- Only video submissions showing the artist playing/creating outside will be eligible for the contest
- All entrants must be 18 years or older
- Contest runs from Friday, February 17 until Friday, March 17. All entries must be received by the final day.
Me & Leah - Sample #BuskingInMemphis Submission Video
Michael Starnes Jr. - Sample #BuskingInMemphis Submission Video
Ted Horrell and the Monday Night Card
VOTE for Ted Horrell and the Monday Night Card by liking the video on Facebook!
VOTE for Eric by liking the video on Twitter!
VOTE for Megan by liking her post!
South Side Supper Club
VOTE via Facebook
VOTE via Facebook
VOTE with a "like" and share on your social media!