#BuskingInMemphis Contest: The Downtown Memphis Commission wants to make the Main Street mall more musical – and we need your help!
If you are a musician, join the fun by entering our #BuskingInMemphis Contest!
- Record a clip of your musical genius.
- POST the video on your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #buskinginmemphis and tag @DowntownMemphis.
- Get likes! The three social submissions with the most likes at the end of the competition period will automatically win a spot on our busking lineup.
If you’re a music lover, VOTE for your favorite busking video by searching for #buskinginmemphis on social media and liking your favorite submissions! Vote early, vote often!
Winners will receive $100 and a spot on our official Busking lineup starting this Spring.
Click here to download a PDF on How to Busk in Downtown Memphis.
How to submit an entry for the DMC’s Busking contest
- Via social media: upload video to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, with the hashtag #buskinginmemphis and tag @DowntownMemphis
- Via email: send to busking [at] downtownmemphis [dot] com (these entries may still win a spot, but won't be eligible for fan votes)
- Busking entries will be accepted from musicians of all genres
- All video entries must show 30 seconds of performance, at minimum, no maximum length is required
- Only video submissions showing the artist playing/creating outside will be eligible for the contest
- All entrants must be 18 years or older
- Contest runs from Friday, February 17 until Friday, March 17. All entries must be received by the final day.